- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning blend
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (5.5 to 8 ounces) Cajun or Creole rice mix with seasonings
- Press 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoning blend evenly onto beef Steak. Toss bell peppers with oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon seasoning blend.
- Place Steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange bell peppers around steak. Grill, covered, 7 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 8 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness and peppers are tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile prepare rice blend according to package directions, omitting oil or margarine.
- Carve Steak into slices. Serve with peppers and rice.
- To broil, place Steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
Nutrition information per serving: 318 calories; 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 5 mg cholesterol; 856 mg sodium; 31 g carbohydrate; 2.4 g fiber; 31 g protein; 7.9 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 2.6 mg iron; 31.5 mcg selenium; 5 mg zinc. This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.